"An Abominable Fancy"

"In order that the happiness of the Saints may be more delightful to them and that they may render more copious thanks to God for it, they are allowed to see perfectly the sufferings of the Damned."

THOMAS AQUINAS







May 15, 2010

The Beginning

Here is where it starts.

With the conclusion of my solo exhibition "Flesh and Blood" at Bert Green Fine Art in Los Angeles, CA in March and April of 2010, I began to contemplate the destruction of 15 years worth of my writing through the installation work featured in "Flesh and Blood."  Perhaps the only way I could realize this book was through the destruction of my journals.  A great cleansing before the new journey.

I had approached William Maltese, a collector of my work and a very accomplished writer.  The partnership was solidified and MLR/PIP Press agreed to publish the manuscript.  William and I are both very excited in bringing my sometimes odd and often macabre life's story to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment